The perfect veggie pasta sauce recipe, inspired by Greek roots, is the only pasta sauce you'll need. With red onions, smoky cumin, sweet baby peppers, fresh tomatoes, and fresh parsley, it just screams "EAT ME!" These flavors all marry perfectly and really come together with each and every bite!
25-Minute Veggie Pasta Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup baby sweet peppers
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- Garnish your dish with red chili peppers, or chili oil
- To a large saucepanm add your olive oil and heat it up for 30 seconds.
- Add your onions to the saucepan, and sweat them down for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Now add all of your spices, and vegetable stock cube. Give them a good stir for 2 minutes.
- Now add your tomatoes (canned and fresh), pepper, and fresh herbs. Bring this mixture to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Using a fork smash up your tomatoes and ensure the sauce is nice and soft.
- Let your sauce cool for a few minutes, add it to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot with pasta, rice or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2-3 weeks.