This is pure flavor town! An awesome snack or meal that everyone on the table is bound to gobble up! We cannot get over how good fried kofta is in some epic gravy!
Veggie Kofta Balls [Vegan]
For the Veggie Balls:
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups garbanzo flour (more or less) + oil for frying
For the Sauce:
- canned coconut milk (light or full fat)
- 1/2 onion
- bunch of tomatoes
- whole jalapeno (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons of each cumin, turmeric, paprika, garam masala
- salt to taste
- Make veggie balls by grating all of the veggies. Add spices & salt and mix up. You can squeeze out water from veggies if you like. Add as much flour as needed to form a solid ball of dough with the mixture. Use more flour if dough is too thin. If you add too much flour then add some water.
- Scoop veggie balls. Fry in oil till golden and cooked through.
- Make sauce by chopping onions and tomatoes. Saute onions in oil & salt. Once soft add tomatoes and cook till everything is well cooked.
- Add onions & tomatoes to blender. Add coconut milk, jalapeno, and spices. Salt to taste. Blend till smooth.
- Mix fried veggie balls with sauce. Enjoy!