The crust of this raw vegan pie is made up of hemp seeds and dates. Hemp is full of protein, fiber, and a gorgeous balance of healthy fats: omega 3's and 6's. The coconut and lime cream part of the pie is basically what it sounds like; it is made up of coconut meat, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and a lime. Yep. The best things in life are the simplest.
Coconut Cream Lime Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup coconut water, if needed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 peeled lime
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- To make the crust: pulse the hemp seeds into powder in a food processor then add the dates and process until it lumps together. Press into a small pie dish (my mini one is 4 inches).
- To make the cream filling: blend all the ingredients until smooth, white and they look like a delicious cloud. If it's too thick to blend, add a little but of coconut water. Spread evenly into your crust and put in the fridge for ideally 48 hours before serving.
- Coconut Nectar
- Hemp Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This explains how coconut cream pies where a staple on Gilligan\’s Island since there where no dairy animals.