The crust of this raw vegan pie is made up of hemp seeds and dates. Hemp is full of protein, fiber, and a gorgeous balance of healthy fats: omega 3's and 6's. The coconut and lime cream part of the pie is basically what it sounds like; it is made up of coconut meat, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and a lime. Yep. The best things in life are the simplest.
Coconut Cream Lime Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Cream Lime Pie [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup coconut water, if needed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 peeled lime
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
How to Prepare Coconut Cream Lime Pie [Vegan]
- To make the crust: pulse the hemp seeds into powder in a food processor then add the dates and process until it lumps together. Press into a small pie dish (my mini one is 4 inches).
- To make the cream filling: blend all the ingredients until smooth, white and they look like a delicious cloud. If it's too thick to blend, add a little but of coconut water. Spread evenly into your crust and put in the fridge for ideally 48 hours before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.