These vegan Butterfinger-inspired candy bars are sweet, salty, and just a little bit crunchy. Slightly less crunchy than the original, but definitely crunchier than just chocolate and peanut butter. All you need is peanut butter, dates, chocolate, corn flakes, and coconut oil. With only five ingredients and one kitchen appliance needed, these candy bars are a snap to make (and even easier to eat!).
5-Ingredient Butterfingers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup salted peanut butter
- 15 large dates
- 2 1/2 cups corn flake cereal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 12 ounces vegan chocolate chips
- Soften the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, crush the corn flakes in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside 1/2 cup of corn flakes for garnish.
- Drain the dates and add them to a food processor along with the peanut butter and maple syrup. Process until smooth then transfer to the bowl of corn flakes. Fold the peanut butter mixture into the corn flakes and stir until even.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to level off the top.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. When the peanut butter is firm, remove them from the tin and cut them into bars. This recipe makes either eight large candy bars or 16 mini bars.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan. If it thickens too much, add a few tablespoons of water, coconut oil, or non-dairy milk to thin it out.
- Carefully coat each candy bar in chocolate and top with sprinkled corn flake pieces. Freeze again for a few hours or overnight. Best served right out of the freezer.