How do you eat layered popsicles? Do you bite off chunks, one flavor at a time, or do you like to experience both flavors at once? You can't go wrong either way with these creamy, citrus-y pops. The vanilla cream layer is made from cool, creamy coconut milk, and the orange layer is fresh-squeezes orange juice with just a touch of zest. Enjoy these as the days warm up and you start to crave light, refreshing desserts.
Vanilla Coconut Orange Creamsicles [Vegan]
For the Vanilla Cream Layer:
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Orange Layer:
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (with pulp)
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Mix together the vanilla layer ingredients in a bowl. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the orange layer ingredients. Combine well.
- Pour the vanilla 1/4 of the way into your mold. Pop in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pour the same amount of orange layer on top of the vanilla. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Keep repeating this step, until the molds are filled.
- Push the stick in about 1/2 way. The last few layers should be soft enough to push through.