These cauliflower bites are little umami flavor bombs! Fresh cauliflower florets are tossed in a wonderful mixture of miso, sesame oil, garlic, and other spices, then roasted until crisp around the edges. These make an awesome snack or meal when served with other veggies or your favorite grains.
Umami Bomb Cauliflower Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato pureé
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Take a large bowl and make the batter by adding all the ingredients except for the cauliflower and mix well until combined. Now cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and add them to the bowl. Toss them around until they're coated with the batter.
- Place the cauliflower bites on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake them in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the edges are slightly burnt/crisp. Once done remove them from the oven and enjoy as a snack or with rice, in a salad or however else your heart desires.