Green asparagus is quite common, but have you ever had white asparagus? They have a bit of a different taste but they are delicious. There was nothing else for me to prepare the white asparagus. I decided to mix white and green in the soup. Two-color soup. Same ingredients, similar taste and two colors. It looks beautiful and tastes even better.
Two-Tone Soup With Asparagus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Vegetable Stock:
- 2 liters water
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 leek
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
For the Soup:
- 1 bunch of white asparagus with the ends cut off, stalks cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of green asparagus with the ends cut off, stalks cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Two large potatoes, one per soup
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly fried asparagus tips
- Rapeseed oil
- Clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Linseed oil
- Fresh herbs
- In 2 liters of water, cook 2 carrots, parsley root or green parsley, 1 celery stalk, and 1 leek with bay leaf, thyme, and one garlic clove. After cooking, remove the carrots.
- Divide the stock into two pots. In one, add the green vegetables and herbs, the other white vegetables. Add potatoes to each of the potatoes cut into small pieces. Cook until the potatoes are soft and then add the asparagus stems and cook the soup until soft.
- Season with pepper and salt. Meanwhile, heat the oil in the pan, add the asparagus heads and fry with a clove of garlic until the ends are golden. Season with salt and pepper. The soup is lightly blended and mixed in a blender and then washed separately.
- Check the density of the soup, season to taste, and possibly whiten cream. Pour the soup into two separate bowls.
- Put fried heads of asparagus and sprinkle with linseed oil and herbs.