Baked oatmeal is typically best right out of the oven. However, when you take cake-like baked oatmeal and refrigerate it, it transforms into a breakfast that's dense and creamy, like cheesecake.
Turtle Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup worth of diced yellow squash or (peeled) zucchini
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- A handful of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- A handful of chopped raw pecans
- Caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Puree all ingredients except chocolate, pecans, and caramel together in a food processor until it forms a batter.
- Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- Pour half of the batter in a ramekin. Drizzle on a little caramel. Pour the rest of the batter on top and top with more caramel.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is no longer doughy. Feel free to add more caramel, chocolate, or pecans on top before serving!
- Optional: Put in fridge to chill. If you eat it cold, it has a similar feel and texture to real cheesecake