Perfectly moist and oh so chocolatey, with a hint of orange zest for a summery twist on the classic. Ideal to bring to a party and share with everyone (but hey, save yourself some beforehand because these babies will go quick).
Triple Chocolate Orange Brownies [Vegan]
- 7 oz, or 1 + 1/3 cups plain flour
- 3.5oz or 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 3.5 oz firm tofu
- 3/4 cup soy or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz vegan butter/margarine
- 3.5 oz dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1.75oz dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- more orange zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 8 x 11 inches rectangular cake tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter and chocolate chips.
- Blend the soy milk, tofu and vanilla extract in a blender until no lumps remain.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Don't over mix or the batter might become tough.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing 20 pieces. Serve with some extra chocolate chips and orange zest on top.