Mixing all the ingredients together while the pasta is still warm helps to bring out a lot of flavor. The tomatoes get a little bit juicier, creating a little sauce, the tofu stays nice and warm, and the basil just kind of wilts on eat noodle. If you are making this ahead of time, you can keep it in the fridge as it also makes amazing leftovers. This would also be a great for a picnic or large gathering as it is fairly inexpensive to make!
Tofu Caprese Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 cup cubed tofu
- 1 1/2 cups pasta (dry)
- 1 large tomato – cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- As the pasta is cooking, cut your tomato and basil and place in a large bowl
- In a small pan, sauté tofu in olive oil until it begins to turn golden brown. Add garlic powder and balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to tomatoes and basil. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil and extra balsamic if you like. Add in tofu and mix well