This pizza deserves a standing ovation. I was so impressed with myself LOL – not to be all “tooting my own horn,” but if you are a pizza and “burger” fan, this dinner is for you. Just be sure to grab seconds right away, I promise there won't be any left for long!
Tempeh Burger Pizza [Vegan]
- 1/2 block tempeh (or about 1 cup crumbled)
- 3 tbs ketchup
- Dash of onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- Handful of all-purpose flour
- 1-lb dough (I used store bought)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Ketchup and mustard
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Sliced dill pickles
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomato, diced
- More ketchup and mustard!
- First, the tempeh. Crumble into a bowl and add ketchup, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. I let this sit in the fridge for about an hour so the flavor could set in, but I don’t think it it necessary if you are strapped on time.
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface into desired shape/size. Add olive oil or spray to pizza pan, set dough down, and add a bit more olive oil to top and on the edges of the crust.
- Squirt desired amount of ketchup and mustard to the base of the pizza.
- Add red onion, pickles, and crumbled tempeh to top, and stick in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Once done, take out, add lettuce and tomatoes, top with another squirt of ketchup and mustard, and get your tempeh burger pizza on!