This tarte is guaranteed to wow everyone with both its beauty and amazing, savory flavors! The tangy almond cream compliments the light and bright taste of the sliced pears layered on top. The red onion and toasted walnuts add the perfect amount of crunch to this flaky dish.
Tarte Flambé With Almond Cream [Vegan]
For the Almond Cream:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup of water
- 6 tablespoon of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Dough:
- 1/4 cube fresh yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
For the Topping:
- 1 small to medium red onion, cut into fine rings
- A small ripe pear, cut into thin strips
- Walnuts, as needed
- Fresh parsley, as needed
- Pepper and chili, to taste
- Soak the almonds in plenty of water for about 12 hours. Place these in a sieve and drain. Use fingers to remove the almond skin. If this does not work properly, let the seeds boil briefly with a little water. Blend the softened and peeled almonds with the water, the milk, and the apple cider vinegar. Put everything in a bowl and taste with salt and pepper. Place the almond mixture in the refrigerator until the dough is finished.
- For the dough, mix the yeast with the sugar in a small bowl until the yeast becomes liquid. Allow to stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, oil, and water to a bowl. Then add the yeast and knead everything to form a uniform dough. Leave in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Knead the dough again and roll it out on a baking paper covered with baking paper or on a floured surface.
- Spread the almond mixture on the flambé and distribute the onion rings and pear strips evenly. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 480°F for about 10 minutes.
- Finish tarte flambé with walnuts, fresh parsley, pepper, and chili.