When it comes to fudge, it's likely that you're either all about crumbly fudge, or soft, creamy fudge. This rich, chocolatey fudge is made creamy, thanks to tahini, while Medjool dates add natural sweetness and a slightly gooey texture. It's the perfect evening snack when enjoyed with a cup of your favorite tea!
5-Ingredient Tahini Fudge [Vegan]
- 4 pitted Medjool dates, soaked until softened, then drained
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of coarse sea salt, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Lightly grease an 8 1/2-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "S" blade, pulse the dates a few times, until finely chopped
- Add the tahini and process until the dates are puréed and incorporated with the tahini.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the salt and sesame seeds, and process until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and process again, to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the salt and/or sesame seeds, if using, evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate until solidified, then cut into squares for serving.
Makes 1 pan of fudge.