Sweet potatoes are great for adding to desserts when you are looking to cut down on fats without sacrificing fudgy texture. You will be able to fool your friends and family with these stellar, moist, and healthy brownies. No one will be able to detect the secret ingredient, sweet potatoes, because they will be too distracted by how gosh darn delicious and chocolatey they are. Instead of sugar, this recipe uses naturally sweet dates.
Sweet Potato Walnut Brownies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cubed, and steamed for 20 minutes until really soft
- 12 Medjool dates or 1 cup of date paste
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a blender or food processor, add steamed sweet potato and dates and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the sweet potato and dates with the dry ingredients. Mix well until nice and smooth then add half the walnuts.
- In a parchment-lined or well greased baking dish, spread the batter evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until a knife or toothpick comes out clean when you poke it.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.