This pasta dish is a crowd-pleaser! Tender sweet potato mash is stuffed inside of a brown rice pasta shell, smothered in pasta, and topped with a dollop of creamy cashew alfredo sauce. Topped with herbs, this dish is elegant, satisfying, and surprisingly easy to make.
Sweet Potato Stuffed Shells With Cashew Alfredo [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 1 8-ounce package of grand shells
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, fresh and minced
- 4 cups tomato sauce
For the Cashew Alfredo:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 of 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
To Make the Sweet Potato Mash:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Convection is best but not necessary.
- Spread cubed sweet potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle on one tablespoon of coconut oil and a pinch or two of salt.
- Let bake for 15-20 minutes. If the sweet potatoes are spread out in 1 layer they will cook faster. When they are soft and slightly browned on the outside, they are done. Let cool for 10 minutes and mash together with some fresh minced herbs.
To Make the Cashew Alfredo:
- Soak cashews for 1 hour.
- Blend them in a blender until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend again until creamy.
- Fill all of the shells with a spoonful of sweet potato.
- Add a dollop of cashew alfredo onto each shell.
- Pour on your choice of tomato sauce.
- Freshly crack peppercorn on top.