It’s safe to say that soup season is in full effect, and also safe to say that bringing healthy, dairy-free soup to work for lunch is one of the easiest ways to maintain balanced eating habits throughout the week. The coconut cream base adds an unbelievable amount of richness to the already rich sweet potatoes. There’s nothing like a warm, comforting, creamy bowl of soup that will warm your soul and your tummy.
Sweet Potato Carrot Coconut Thai Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes diced and peeled
- 3 cups of baby carrots
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 inch of fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lime
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Dice and cook the yellow onion and garlic.
- Add the vegetable broth, carrots, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, coconut cream, ginger, and curry paste to the pot and bring to a low bowl.
- Let simmer for about 25 minutes (cover the pot while it's cooking), or until the carrots and sweet potato are tender (you can test by poking a carrot and sweet potato with a fork to see if the fork easily pierces it).
- Let the soup cool a bit, then transfer the soup to an immersion blender or food processor (the entire contents of the pot will be too much for one round of blending, so scoop out the soup until it fills a blender, then repeat).
- Take out the bay leaves.
- If you are dividing your soup into two batches to blend, add half of the nutritional yeast, almond butter, and salt and pepper to the blender.
- Once well blended, you can taste it to see if you need to add any additional flavorings. To make it more spicier, I'll add a teaspoon or two of the curry paste. To make it sweeter, a teaspoon or tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Serve and top with your toppings of choice!
Top with toasted pumpkin seeds and coconut chips for an added crunch!
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 396 | Carbs: 34 g | Fat: 26 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 300 mg | Sugar: 13 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile