These vegan blondies are so moist and decadent it’s hard to believe they have sweet potatoes in it! They are shockingly scrumptious and almost fudge-like. A vegan blondie made with delicious, unique ingredients––it is hard not to go back for more. The ingredients and flavors couldn’t be more timely for the winter. If you can share… it would be a great treat for all to enjoy! But, these vegan blondies are a dessert you might want to keep for yourself!
Moist and Decadent Sweet Potato Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Moist and Decadent Sweet Potato Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 cup peeled, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (about 1 large sweet potato)*
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Oil to coat the pan or use parchment paper
- 10 cacao butter wafers, chopped (optional)
How to Prepare Moist and Decadent Sweet Potato Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°, lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan or use parchment paper.
- Place the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut butter and palm sugar and mix well. Add the mashed banana, almond butter, mashed sweet potato, and mix. Blend the hot water and Medjool dates in a food processor or blender and add to the wet ingredients along with the vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly incorporate the wet to the dry and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan. Top or mix in the cacao butter pieces for hints of white chocolate if you like. Bake 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out with a little bit of crumbs. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
*Boil the sweet potato or steam for 20 minutes and then mash. I did the latter and was very pleased with the quick results!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2080 | Total Carbs: 338 g | Total Fat: 76 g | Total Protein: 29 g | Total Sodium: 5841 g | Total Sugar: 207 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.