You will be amazed at how effortless the process of making coconut butter is. It's truly as easy as opening a package of coconut meat, blending it, and scraping down until it is smooth, almost liquid paste. You can add a little salt to make it tastier and if you are having trouble making the coconut paste, add coconut oil, thus speeding up the process. Use this spread anywhere you would use regular butter!
Coconut Butter [Vegan]
- 4 cups grated coconut
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Coconut oil (optional)
- Place the grated coconut in the food processor. Use the maximum speed for chopping . After two minutes stop and scrape the side down.
- Repeat this process until you start getting an almost liquid paste. It can take 10-20 minutes to get the point, depending on your processor's power.
- If you have difficulty to achieve the butter consistency add a tablespoon of coconut oil. This way you will get a faster and smoother butter. If you want add a pinch of salt .
- Keep butter in jars in the refrigerator if you prefer it more solid, or in the closet if you want to be more smooth.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile