These biscuits are straight up amazing. They are tender, doughy, and slightly sweet. And they are insanely easy to whip up. Eat them hot out of the oven and dunked in a bowl of soup or chili.
Sweet Potato Biscuits [Vegan]
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Prick sweet potato several times with a fork, place in a microwave-safe bowl with a splash of water, cover with a paper towel, and microwave until it is soft and cooked to the center. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cold butter/oil. Pulse until the butter/oil is incorporated.
- Peel the cooled sweet potato and cut into chunks.
- Add sweet potato chunks and maple syrup to the food processor and pulse until a dough forms. (You may need to dump the dough into a bowl and finish combining by hand).
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just barely golden brown.
- Sweet Potato