These savory wholemeal crackers are full of flavor as well as goodness. Simple and quick to make, these are an excellent snack or canapé!
Sun-Dried Tomato and Olive Crackers [Vegan]
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon tapenade
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped small
- Nutritional yeast
- Lemon zest
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and mix in the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in the wet ingredients, then combine into a dough using your hands. It should come together to form a smooth ball, but if it feels a little dry, add more water a few drops at a time.
- Roll flat and thin between two sheets of parchment paper (this saves using extra flour - the dough is quite sticky).
- Cut the cookies into shapes or straws as desired.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking tray and cook on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp.