This sandwich's name may be lengthy, but the combination of flavors play smoothly together and each ingredient adds a little variety into your meal.
Tomato Cucumber Sandwich on Onion Cornbread [Vegan, Raw]
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup corn
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Salt, pepper and cumin, to taste
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/3 cup olives
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt, as desired
- 1 peel garlic clove (optional)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt, pepper and cumin
- Grind the flax and sunflower seeds into flour in a high-speed blender.
- Put this flour in a food processor.
- Add the other ingredients to the food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture becomes kinda like chunky paste. You may have to mix it up with a spatula a few times.
- Spread onto dehydrator trays and dehydrate for about 2 hours, then slice into squares and flip over.
- Dehydrate for another 2 hours until the slices are pliable.
- Soak the olives in the olive oil overnight.
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until it reaches the consistency of pesto or tapenade.
- Slice the tomatoes and cucumber and coat lightly in olive oil and spices, set in the dehydrator (or oven at its lowest temperature) until it softens and its skin begins to wrinkle.
- Spread the tapenade onto your bread, followed by your veg slices. Chomp!
If you don't have a dehydrator, use your oven at its lowest temperature.