Pancakes are my favorite breakfast for lazy Sunday mornings. Especially these healthy, sugar-free pancakes! I speed up the process for making pancakes by throwing all the ingredients in the blender (gone are the days of whisking for hours to get all the lumps out of the batter!). These pancakes have no refined sugar, but get their sweetness from the bananas, and extra bursts of flavor from sultanas. My favorite topping for pancakes is a homemade chocolate sauce made from equal parts melted coconut oil, cacao powder and blackstrap molasses, but feel free to top your pancakes with anything you like!
Sugar-Free, Wholemeal Banana Pancakes [Vegan]
- 16 ounces water
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Blend together water, bananas, flour, bicarb and flaxseeds until smooth.
- Stir in sultanas and apple cider vinegar.
- Preheat nonstick pan over low-med heat.
- Fry a few tablespoons of batter for about 2-3 minutes (when the bubbles have popped on top of the pancake) and flip, fry for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Drizzle vegan chocolate sauce over the top before serving.