Lemon, poppy seeds, and oats come together to make these scrumptious doughnuts! Since they're made with oats they're a bit thicker than your usual doughnut but equally delicious. Top with cashew butter icing for a truly decadent treat!
Sugar-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Oat Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a blender, blend the oats, stevia, and baking soda until fine.
- Add the cashew butter, lemon juice, and water and blend on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the poppy seeds and blend for a few seconds, until they are just mixed through the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the doughnut pan evenly and smooth the tops of the donuts with your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the tray immediately and let cool before icing.