Dark chocolate, dried fruit, hazelnuts, and puffed millet make for a crunchy treat! Make ahead of time and send to school in a lunch or enjoy a healthy sweet snack on the go!
Sugar-Free Energy Millet Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2-ounces puffed millet
- 1 1/2-ounces almonds
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin seeds unsalted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt
- 1 1/2-ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2-ounces dried fruits of your choice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chop the seeds and the red fruits coarsely with a knife. In a large bowl combine with the millet.
- Add the chocolate, the malt, and the coconut oil after having melted it.
- Mix well and pour the mixture into a square or rectangular cake tin lined with parchment paper, flatten the mixture and level it well keeping a thickness of about 1/2-inch.
- Bake at 300°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, wait a few minutes, and when they are slightly warmed, cut the mixture into 10, rectangular bars with a sharp knife.
- Let it cool completely. Keep in sealed containers.Some notes: you can change cereals, (you can also use cereal flakes) fruit and seeds, depending on what you have at home and according to your tastes.