Dark chocolate, dried fruit, hazelnuts, and puffed millet make for a crunchy treat! Make ahead of time and send to school in a lunch or enjoy a healthy sweet snack on the go!
Sugar-Free Energy Millet Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sugar-Free Energy Millet Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2-ounces puffed millet
- 1 1/2-ounces almonds
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin seeds unsalted
- 1 tablespoon rice malt
- 1 1/2-ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2-ounces dried fruits of your choice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
How to Prepare Sugar-Free Energy Millet Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Chop the seeds and the red fruits coarsely with a knife. In a large bowl combine with the millet.
- Add the chocolate, the malt, and the coconut oil after having melted it.
- Mix well and pour the mixture into a square or rectangular cake tin lined with parchment paper, flatten the mixture and level it well keeping a thickness of about 1/2-inch.
- Bake at 300°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, wait a few minutes, and when they are slightly warmed, cut the mixture into 10, rectangular bars with a sharp knife.
- Let it cool completely. Keep in sealed containers.Some notes: you can change cereals, (you can also use cereal flakes) fruit and seeds, depending on what you have at home and according to your tastes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving Calories: 125 | Carbs: 10 g | Fat: 9 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 1 mg | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.