There is such a burst of flavors in this recipe, that even the pickiest eater will love it. Make your sauce as garlicky and non-garlicky as you want, because when it comes down to it…any sauce is great sauce!! Also, make sure you eat the skin…that is where the majority of the vitamins are, so scrub em’ well before hand.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Garbanzos and Garlic Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite spices
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Oat milk ( to thin out the consistency)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
- Add cherry tomatoes and chopped parsley once the potatoes are done baking
- Preheat over to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise, spread olive oil on flat side, and place flat side down on the baking sheet
- In a small bowl, add the garbanzo beans with the dry spices, and mix well.
- Place the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove, and add the garbanzos to the baking sheet and bake for 10 more minutes
- In the meantime, add the hummus, milk, lemon juice and salt into a food processor, and pulse until you have the desired consistency.
- Remove potatoes and garbanzos from the oven. Place on a plate, and make a small dent in the middle of the potato, to hold all of the goodies.
- Add the garbanzo beans, then sauce, and garnish with tomato, and parsley