This pie is such an easy dessert to put together. Seriously. I love to bake and cook, but sometimes I just want a dessert that is simple and fuss free. Personally, I like having these types of recipes kicking around just in case you need something ready in a hot minute. This pie probably takes a mere 20 minutes. There is the chilling time, but the total work load is pretty minimal. It's also one of those desserts that just looks fabulous no matter what and it seems like you took way more time on it then you did. I completely love dishes like that.
Strawberry Pie With Chocolate Drizzle [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 Pk. soft tofu
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. agar flakes
- 1/3 + 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a pie pan and set aside.
- In the food processor add in the pecans and process until they form a coarse crumble.
- Next add in the oatmeal, salt and cinnamon and process until it resembles sand.
- Add in the maple syrup and with the motor running slowly add in the water. You might want to add in the water in increments as you might not need it add. You want the crust to be sticky but not too sticky.
- Once ready Pour into pie pan and working your way from the inside out push down hard on the crust to get it really packed in their. You want the crust thickness to be about 1/4" thick or so. *
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven when slightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the water in a small saucepan and sprinkle the agar over it. Let boil. Whisk the agar in and boil for about 5 minutes or until the flakes are dissolved.
- In the food processor add in the tofu and process until silky. Add in the agar, maple syrup, vanilla and process until all combined.
- Pour into pie crust and refridgerate until firm. (At least 2-3 hours or overnight)
- Whisk all ingredients together until silky.
- Once the pie is firm decorate with sliced strawberries and drizzle with sauce. Enjoy!
Remember to keep the crust a bit thick so you might only come up halfway on the sides of the pie pan. This worked best for me. A thin crust will be harder to cut properly.