This tart is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. The base is made out of white mulberries, dates, and almonds, and the filling out of frozen strawberries, fresh raspberries, lime juice, and coconut cream. Don’t forget to set aside some extra strawberries or lime slices to decorate!
Strawberry Lime Tart [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 cup dry white mulberries
- 2 cups dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons filtered water, if needed
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- Strawberry and lime slices, for topping (optional)
- Put all the ingredients for the base in a food processor, and process until a dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly in a tart pan, and put in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a blender, blend together all the ingredients for the filling until well combined. Fill the tart base with the filling, and leave in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour.
- Remove out of the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving, and decorate with lime or strawberry slices.