These are so good, you'll never miss those store bought granola bars filled with white sugar and bad additives. These are healthy, but don't taste healthy, in a good way! Crunchy, sweet, and packed with nutrients from the seed mix. They are a great on the go snack bar or energy bar, and they keep for a long time.
Strawberry Coconut Granola Bars [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
Ingredients You Need for Strawberry Coconut Granola Bars [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat groats (or raw oats if you prefer it)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 flax seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes plus a little more for the granola bar surface
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries plus a little more for the granola bar surface
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (thaw the strawberries if using frozen)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon non-alcohol vanilla extract
How to Prepare Strawberry Coconut Granola Bars [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- Soak the buckwheat groats and sunflower seed for 12 hours. Rinse well and drain, then dry them in the dehydrator at 115°F for about 12-18 hours until completely dry.
- Add the buckwheat groats, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, shredded coconut, and salt into a bowl and mix well. Chop up some strawberries and add them into the bowl.
- Make the strawberry sauce by blending the strawberries, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a blender until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the granola mix and and mix until well combined and the strawberry chunks are evenly distributed.
- Line a dehydrator tray with a mesh sheet, then a silicone sheet. Spread the strawberry granola mixture into a 3/4 inch thick square. Then score the mixture into about 1/2 inch x 3 1/2 - 3 3/4 inch size granola bars.
- Sprinkle some chopped strawberries and coconut flakes on the surface. Lightly press them in with your fingers so it will not fall out later on when it's dry.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 2 hours until the surface dries.
- Take out the dehydrator tray with the granola bars out of the dehydrator. Place a mesh sheet on top of the granola bars, then place another tray on top of that. Hold the 2 trays together on both sides with both hands, and flip them upside down. Take off the top tray and mesh sheet and carefully peel off the silicone sheet from the granola. Now that the silicone sheet is peeled off, flip it back again by placing a mesh sheet on top of the granola bars, then add another tray on top. Hold the 2 trays together on both sides with both hands, and flip them upside down so that the top surface faces up.
- Use a spatula separate each bar then place them on another tray, flipping them so they are bottom side up and can dry.
- Put the tray back into the dehydrator and dry for another 12 hours or so until completely dry.
If you don't have sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and flax seeds on hand, feel free to replace it with whatever nuts or seeds you have. Keeps for a month store in an air-tight container.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 122 | Carbs: 14 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 7 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.