This vegan chocolate cheesecake is everything but a traditional cheesecake. Not only because it is dairy, egg and gluten-free, but because its amazing three layers won't leave you indifferent. Starting from the bottom, you'll find a sweet, soft, chocolate cookie crust. The next layer combines the creaminess from the cheese filling with the freshness of the strawberries. Finally, the hard dark chocolate layer, adds a delicious flavor, texture, and personality. This vegan chocolate cheesecake is decadent and delicious. Be warned: it's going to be your new obsession. Bring it to a party or keep it all to yourself!
Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Chocolate:
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- Blend all the ingredients for the crust. Press the crust torte pan with a removable side.
- Then slice the strawberries the long way and press the large pieces against the inside of
- the torte pan. Use the smaller heels in the garnish.
- Blend the ingredients for the cheesecake filling and pour in then spread.
- Freeze for 2 hours until cake firms up.
- Pour on and spread the top chocolate layer mix. Refrigerate or freeze again until firm.
- Arrange fruit garnish and serve.