This spicy roll inspired by seafood sandwiches that are popular in the American Northeast features roasted artichokes, chickpeas, and vegetables. The dressing can be either vegan mayonnaise or vegan yogurt, which adds tanginess. The filling is laced with cilantro and shredded cabbage and perfect served on hot dog rolls with a salad on the side.
Sriracha Artichoke Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or oil spray
- 1 14-ounce can artichokes, squeezed of excess water and chopped
- 2 cups cooked or 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 4-6 hot dog buns (gluten-free if needed)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the artichokes and chickpeas. Cook until golden, without stirring much. Add the garlic and cook until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool while you chop the vegetables.
- Add the celery, carrots, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, and Sriracha to a large bowl. Add the roasted beans and artichoke.
- Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Toast the buns. Serve the salad in the buns. Serve with a green salad.