This gorgeously elegant salad is bursting with color and flavor, just like the season, it takes its name from. The ribboned carrots, beets, and radishes are soaked in lemon juice and salt and then tossed with sesame seeds and edible flowers to finish the dish off.
Spring Salad With Carrots, Beets, and Flowers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 radishes
- 4 young carrots
- 1 golden beet
- 1 sugar beet
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoons lemon thyme
- 4 handfuls mixed young leaves of spinach and beets
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons of linseed oil
- Edible flowers: pansies, daisies, and marigolds
- Chop the radishes into slices having that are about 1/4-inch wide.
- Peel and chop the carrots into ribbonsthat are about 1/4-inch wide.
- Wash and chop the beets and cut them into 1/4-inch thick ribbons as well.
- Mix the shredded vegetables and season them with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Let them stand for an hour to absorb the salt and soften.
- Before serving, mix the sułtankami, thyme, parsley, and chives to the ribboned vegetables.
- Season everything again with lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Top the salad with sesame seeds and white flower petals before serving.