This thick, hearty soup is perfect for a healthy meal and is best served at room temperature. It's packed with fennel, dandelion greens, and leeks and seasoned with fresh ginger and garlic to make a beautiful pastiche of flavor.
Spring Market Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, roughly chopped
- 3 leeks, sliced and rinsed well
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, roughly chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 15.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2-1 cup of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the leeks and fennel until they begin to soften, around 5-7 minutes.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dandelion greens, coriander, coconut milk, 1/2 a cup of water, salt/pepper, and the miso to the mixture.
- Once the liquid comes to a simmer, cover the pot and cook the soup for 10 minutes until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- Purée the soup to your desired consistency, adding more water if necessary.
- Taste the soup and add more salt or pepper if needed.
Add rice to garnish the soup if you are feeling hungry.
- Fennel Recipes