If you're always on the lookout for quick and easy 30-minute weeknight meals, you've found just what you need in these spicy teriyaki soba noodle spring rolls. They're filled with crunchy cabbage, carrots, and asparagus and gluten-free soba noodles tossed in a spicy, umami sauce. After just 15 minutes of chopping and prepping, you'll be ready to roll with this tasty light lunch or dinner.
Spicy Teriyaki Soba Noodle Spring Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Spicy Teriyaki Soba Noodle Spring Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Spring Rolls:
- 10 ounces soba noodles (check the package to make sure that they are 100 percent buckwheat)
- 12-14 spring roll wrappers
- 10 stalks of asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup carrots, thinly sliced
For the Spicy Teriyaki Sauce:
- 7 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha, to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
How To Make Spicy Teriyaki Soba Noodle Spring Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove. Drop in the asparagus and soba noodles and boil for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the water is boiling, heat a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in the sliced carrots and cabbage. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, or until carrots are slightly tender and cabbage is cooked. Remove from heat and add the noodles and asparagus into the pan.
- Whisk together the teriyaki sauce by combining the soy sauce, agave nectar, Sriracha, brown rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Pour the sauce over the noodles and vegetables, then toss to coat.
- Prepare your spring rolls by dipping each rice wrapper into a plate of water for 15 seconds. Then, place onto a wet paper towel and top with a scoop of soba noodles and vegetables. Fold in the two sides first, then the back, then roll until the spring roll is closed up. Repeat for the remaining spring roll wrappers.
- Asian Sauce Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
I don\’t understand why you would want to put noodles in a spring roll….