This spicy peanut noodle bowl has summer vibes all the way. Spicy udon noodles, creamy peanut sauce-covered zucchini noodles, marinated figs, a topping of fresh vegetables, and of course — avocado. This dish is nutty, citrusy, and will fill you up without making you feel weighed down. Enjoy!
Spicy Peanut Udon Noodle Bowl [Vegan]
For the Noodles:
- 1 package of udon noodles
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
For the Udon Noodle Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, plus more for topping
For the Zucchini Noodle Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Juice from 1 lime
- A dash of salt
For the Fig Marinade:
- 1 fig, cut into quarters
- Some hot sauce
- Some balsamic reduction
For the Topping:
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced, dipped in chia seeds for texture (optional)
- 4 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- Cracked black pepper, for topping (optional)
- Create all of your sauce by combining all the necessary ingredients and stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook your udon noodles according to package instructions.
- Spiralize the zucchini and then combine with the peanut sauce.
- Remove your udon noodles from the hot water and allow them to drain well before combining with the sauce.
- Combine all the fig marinade ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate while you assemble your dish.
- Start with udon noodles, then add zucchini, vegetables, avocado, and the figs. Finish with black pepper and more sesame seeds, if desired. Serve.
- Peanut Butter