You'll never think of okra the same way after you take a bit of this. Fresh okra, bell pepper, and red onion are tossed with mustard, olive oil, smoked paprika, and turmeric then baked until tender-crisp. The combo of smoked paprika and turmeric is simply amazing.
Spicy Greek Baked Okra [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.1 pounds okra
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika and turmeric
- Oregano, salt, and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup water
- In a baking dish place okra and veggies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 355°F. In a bowl, combine olive oil with mustard and spices. Pour this mixture over the vegetables and mix with your hands until well-coated. Pour in water and bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown and tender.