If you are a fan of garlic, then you are going to be obsessed with this edamame. The salty edamame is tossed into a hot pan with seared garlic, spicy chili oil, and a splash of tamari to give it a little extra salt. This fiery snack is dangerously addictive – you have been warned.
Spicy Garlic Edamame [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Garlic Edamame [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 ounces edamame pods
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
How to Prepare Spicy Garlic Edamame [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a medium pan, combine 2 quarts of water and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring this to a boil, then add the edamame pods and cook them until they're tender. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the beans into a colander and set them aside.
- In a deep skillet or wok, combine the minced garlic, chili oil, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the pan over medium heat and as soon as the garlic begins to sizzle, add the cooked edamame pods and toss them to coat them evenly in the sauce.
- Remove them from heat and serve them immediately with a bowl for the empty shells.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.