If you are a fan of garlic, then you are going to be obsessed with this edamame. The salty edamame is tossed into a hot pan with seared garlic, spicy chili oil, and a splash of tamari to give it a little extra salt. This fiery snack is dangerously addictive – you have been warned.
Spicy Garlic Edamame [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 ounces edamame pods
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- In a medium pan, combine 2 quarts of water and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring this to a boil, then add the edamame pods and cook them until they're tender. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the beans into a colander and set them aside.
- In a deep skillet or wok, combine the minced garlic, chili oil, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the pan over medium heat and as soon as the garlic begins to sizzle, add the cooked edamame pods and toss them to coat them evenly in the sauce.
- Remove them from heat and serve them immediately with a bowl for the empty shells.