Everyone needs cranberry sauce for their holiday table. This spiced cranberry sauce is infused with cinnamon and cloves and flavored with fresh orange juice and zest. This combination creates just the right balance of acidity, sweetness, and warming spice; perfect for your holiday table.
Spiced Orange Cranberry Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (2-3 oranges), filtered through a fine sieve
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring as needed to help dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 12-15 minutes or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Discard cinnamon stick and cloves before serving.