If you haven’t caught on by now, in high school and college I was obsessed with soft tacos. So today is an extra special day as I have recreated my old guilty pleasure and now you can enjoy it as well!
Soft Tacos With Walnut Meat [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tacos:
- 1 package gluten-free tortillas
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- Dash granulated garlic
- Dash sea salt
- 1 container of your favorite salsa
For the Raw Nut Meat:
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons coriander
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 teaspoons braggs liquid aminos or tamari
- Wash and chop all vegetables and lay out on a platter.
- Mash avocado and add garlic and salt. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Scoop coconut yogurt into a bowl and add lemon juice, stir, then set aside.
- Then make taco nut meat by placing all ingredients in a food processor. Process until walnut mixture looks like meat. You don't want to run it too long or it will turn into walnut butter. You may have to scrape down sides once before it's done, then pulse a couple more times. Place mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Now heat tortillas on the stove and store in a pan or container to keep them warm.
- Assemble tacos by placing a bit of everything into each shell and eating right away.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving (2 tacos): Calories: 470 | Carbs: 65 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 600 mg | Sugar: 10 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile