I declare this oatmeal the one that will make me forget about everything. The one that will soothe my soul with sweet pears and lure my senses away from my obsessiveness with the fragrances of rosewater and cardamom. The slight almond flavor will ground me so that I can start my week off just right.
Slow Cooker Vegan Pear Rose Cardamom Cake Oatmeal [GF]
2 - 3
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (food grade)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add all the ingredients except the sweetener. Cook on low overnight (7-9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well and add sweetener. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should be a more uniform consistency.