This recipe is about as easy as it gets, and it's so versatile! You can season the bruschetta mixture with your favorite spices, and if fresh tomatoes and peppers aren't available, you can substitute the veggies with whatever you like. It all tastes good on top of toast (and with a generous smear of creamy, garlicky homemade cashew ricotta)! If you have extra bruschetta mixture left over, you can toss it with pasta for a fresh and quick meal.
Simple Red Pepper Bruschetta With Homemade Roasted Garlic Ricotta [Vegan]
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least four hours and drained
- 1 head of roasted garlic (see below)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- Your favorite bread, for toasting
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, toss together and chill until needed.
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic, top with olive oil, wrap in foil and roast at 400°F for 40 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, using only half of the head of roasted garlic to start. Blend on high, until the mixture starts to become smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. If needed, add additional water to keep mixture blending. Taste and add more roasted garlic according to taste. Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Toast your bread and spread with a generous amount of ricotta. Top with the tomato and pepper mixture. Eat!