What do you do when you run out of bread? Forget going to the store for plain old sandwich bread and make this three-ingredient vegan artisan loaf instead! You already have the ingredients in your pantry, I guarantee.
3-Ingredient Artisan Bread [Vegan]
- 3 cups flour (any variety that isn't gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water (more or less if necessary)
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Then add in enough water until all of the flour is incorporated into the dough.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let the dough sit for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, preheat your oven to 400°F and place an empty casserole dish inside your oven to heat for 30 minutes.
- While the dish is heating, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and let it rest.
- After the casserole dish has been heating for 30 minutes, grease the insides of the dish and place the dough inside. Cover the dish and bake the bread for 30 minutes. Remove the covering of the dish and let the bread bake for 15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!
After a day, store the bread in the refrigerator.