Who would have thought that a whole head of cauliflower could pack so much texture and flavor! This dish features a roasted cauliflower topped with crispy, crunch breadcrumbs. It is flavored with plenty of Italian herbs and red pepper flakes.
Sicilian Roasted Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes or 1/2 red hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each of oregano, rosemary, and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Wash cauliflower and remove the thick leaves but leave the young, green leaves. Boil in salted water until steamed to al dente. Drain the cauliflower.
- Warm up the oil in a frying pan, add the bread crumbs and garlic cloves and fry until golden brown.
- Add the soaked raisins, sunflower seeds, and hot peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish and pour on some oil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 390°F for half an hour until the cauliflower and bread are browned.