Come late fall, when you're looking to make dinner and warm up the house at the same time, this is one of the best vegetable dishes to cook. Heat the sheet pan with the oven, so the cauliflower and onions sizzle, just like they would in a skillet. The caper-parsley vinaigrette is here to add a little salty punch.
Sheet Pan Cauliflower With Crispy Onions and Caper-Parsley Vinaigrette [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sheet Pan Cauliflower With Crispy Onions and Caper-Parsley Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower, cored and separated into florets
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers (rinsed if salt-packed), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Prepare Sheet Pan Cauliflower With Crispy Onions and Caper-Parsley Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position, place a rimmed sheet pan on it, and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the cauliflower, onion, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl and toss to coat. Turn out onto the hot sheet pan (reserve the bowl). Roast for 20 minutes, then stir and continue roasting until the cauliflower is tender and browned in spots and the onion is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Place the lemon juice, capers, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and pepper in the reserved bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and whisk to combine. Toss the cauliflower into the vinaigrette, then turn out onto a platter and serve.
- The cauliflower will keep, in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for 3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.