Who says budget-friendly means boring? This sesame orange sweet potato bowl is possibly the best easy meal idea you've stumbled upon. Tender, roasted sweet potato is coated with a sticky-sweet orange sauce and paired with steamed broccoli. If you're looking for a little more substance in you meal, you can easily pair it with grains, greens, or any other vegetable you're craving.
Sesame Orange Sweet Potato [Vegan]
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- Salt, to taste
- 15 ounces frozen or fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons orange sauce (try the orange sauce recipe here)
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Chop sweet potato into cubes, mix with 2 teaspoons oil and a dash of salt. Bake at 400°F for 38 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking steam or boil broccoli.
- Add the frozen broccoli in a skillet with 1/3 cup of water. Cover with the lid when it boils and lower the temperature, allowing it to steam. After 10-15 minutes turn heat off, but leave the lid on.
- Removed sweet potatoes from oven after 38 minutes and let cool for a couple minutes. Put sweet potato in a mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons orange sauce and mix well.
- Put broccoli in a bowl, put orange sweet potatoes on top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Sweet Potato