This pumpkin and celery soup is super creamy and savory, without having an overpowering flavor. This makes it the perfect option as a starter or even as a meal served with crusty bread and a side salad. It's perfect for those days when the cold is about to get the better of you and you want nothing more than to stay warm and cozy at home.
Savory Pumpkin and Celery Soup [Vegan]
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 15-ounce can of organic pumpkin
- In a large pot sauté celery, onion, and garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat until the celery has softened.
- Once the celery has softened add in the water, pumpkin, tahini, and spices. Allow the soup to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender, or spoon the soup into a blender, and blend until smooth. Serve warm.