A hearty recipe perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This meaty, mushroom oat recipe is easy to make, uniquely delicious, and low in fat. The perfect combination for a healthy, warm meal on a cold day.
Savory Mushroom Oats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Savory Mushroom Oats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats (works with most style of oats, just adjust cooking time accordingly)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, smashed then roughly chopped
- 6-ounces or 1 1/2 heaping cups cremini mushrooms, cut into wedges
- 1 generous teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
How to Prepare Savory Mushroom Oats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook on medium heat for 8-10 min, stirring once in a while, until they are browned in parts and smell delicious.
- Add the garlic and steel cut oats, stir for 30 seconds to toast, making sure nothing burns.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and tamari. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12-15 min, until the water has absorbed and the oats are cooked to your liking.
- Fold in nutritional yeast, sprinkle with green onions, extra black pepper and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 268 | Carbs: 36 g | Fat: 10 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 252 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.