Who doesn't love a delicious sandwich? They're easy-to-make and can be customized thousands of different ways, making them the ideal to-go lunch. While a tray of sandwiches is sure to excite any guest, we think anticipation would only double if sandwiches were presented in a unique cake form! This particular sandwich cake has layers of avocado, spinach paste, tofu, sprouts, and roasted peppers, but you can swap these ingredients out for your favorite sandwich fillings!
Sandwich Cake [Vegan]
- 1 round loaf of bread
- 1/2 of 1 14-ounce block of tofu
- 1 tomato
- 1 12-ounce jar of roasted peppers
- 3/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- Vegan butter
- 1 avocado
- With the help of a food processor, make a paste out of the spinach, vegan butter, garlic, cumin, and salt.
- Cut the top of the bread off, and hollow it out.
- Spread the spinach paste on the bottom and the sides of the bread. Keep some paste for the top of the bread.
- Layer your ingredients one by one. Start with one layer of pepper, then tofu, then avocado, tofu again, pepper again, sprouts, and tomatoes.
- Spread some more spinach paste on the top of the bread, and put the lid back on! Wrap the bread in cling film, and set in the fridge for 1 hour. Slice and serve.