These dairy-free salted caramel chews are a gooey sweet treat made with only five ingredients. Richly sweet, gooey Medjool dates are blended with creamy tahini, a drizzle of maple syrup, a dash of vanilla, and sea salt. A perfect gift for anyone with a sweet tooth — including yourself.
Salted Caramels [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle of coarse sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. You may need to soak the dates in water for an hour if you don’t have a high-powered blender.
- Spoon the mixture into a bread pan lined with wax paper, smooth out the top of the vegan salted caramel chews and top with coarse sea salt.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Once the vegan salted caramel chews have set, remove from the freezer and cut into bite-sized pieces to serve.