This mousse is quick and easy to make and tastes divine! It would be perfect as a special dessert, or even for after Christmas dinner!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse [Vegan]
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a small pan filled with water, heat on low until melted.
- Allow the chocolate to cool fully before moving to the next step.
- Place the aquafaba into a mixing bowl and whizz up on high until fluffy. You can use a hand mixer. This will take around 2-4 minutes.
- Add in a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and whisk until stiff peaks. If you can turn the bowl upside down and the mixture is firm, it's ready.
- Add in the sugar and give a final mix until thick and glossy.
- Fold in the cool chocolate and salted caramel into the aquafaba mixture. Be gentle, as you don't want to deflate the air you've created in the mix.
- Once it's all combined, spoon into your chosen glasses/bowls and place them into the fridge to set.
- Allow the mousse to set overnight.
Store in the fridge covered and enjoy within a few days. The mousse is best enjoyed the day of it being made.