Every single ingredient in these rocky road bites adds a little bit of nutritional magic and sparkle; from the antioxidants of the chocolate and the fiber in the buckwheat to the vitamins in the berries and the omega-3 fatty acids in the walnuts. Serve these up and everyone will think you rock!
Rocky Road Bites [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups cacao butter chips
- 1 1/4 cups raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup buckwheat kernels, raw
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup chia seed
- Place a pan with about an inch of water on a stove. Put cacao butter chips into a heatproof bowl and set bowl in the water. Bring the water to a simmer then turn off the flame and let the cacao butter sit until it has melted.
- Stir frequently and add maple syrup and vanilla essence. Remove pan from heat.
- Use a food thermometer and stir in raw cacao powder at roughly 130°F.
- Chocolate is very delicate and can become lumpy or grainy if overheated. Avoid all contact with water as the chocolate will seize.
- Meanwhile line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add walnuts, buckwheat kernels, goji berries, cranberries, and chia seeds. Stir to combine. Pour chocolate over and mix with seeds.
- Chill in fridge for at least one hour. Cut into pieces.
- Rocky road will keep in an airtight container for up to four weeks.